Index Forums Tutorials Q2A WYSIWYG Editor Configuration to enable Spell Check

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Towhid 2 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Towhid
    Keymaster

In this tutorial I’m going to tell you how to enable browsers Spell Checker on CKEditor4 plugin. CKEditor4 by Sama55 is a better alternative to Q2A’s default WYSIWYG editor.

Because Q2A’s default editors right click context menu is pretty much useless with modern browsers and Spell Check plugins for this editor had proven to be terrible at their work, I’m going to teach you to configure your editor to completely remove right click context menu and activate SpellCheck for it’s text editor.

Configuring Q2A CKEditor4 to enable Spellcheck:

1. Install “CKEditor4” plugin for Q2A(download it from the link and upload it’s directory in “qa-plugins” directory).
    2. visit “Admin > Plugins” and check CKEditor4 options. in “Other configuration:” field, replace default configuration with this code:
    disableNativeSpellChecker:false,
    toolbarCanCollapse:false,
    removePlugins:'elementspath,contextmenu,liststyle,tabletools',
    resize_enabled:false,
    autogrow:false,
    entities:false,
    FirefoxSpellChecker:true,
    SpellChecker:'SpellerPages',
    BrowserContextMenu:true,
    BrowserContextMenuOnCtrl:true
    1. visit “Admin > Posting” and select CKEditor4 plugin as your default editor instead of default WYSIWYG editor.

Configuring SpellCheck in default Question2Answer Editor:

As I remember old CKEditor used in default Q2A editor has editor’s contextmenu as a requirement and it’s not possible to remove it without changing lot’s of plugin’s source code and it might make editor unstable. so I didn’t add it’s tutorial here. if you find an easy way to do it, feel free to share :)

ScreenShot:

Enable SpellCheck in Q2A's WYSIWYG Editor

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.